Re: Conflict of w32-send-sys-command and set-default-font in Emacs 24.3?

From: Eric Liu
Subject: Re: Conflict of w32-send-sys-command and set-default-font in Emacs 24.3?
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 16:18:10 -0700

Thank you for reply.
I tested either with -Q or by creating an init file from scratch with only those two commands, but neither work. I also tried your approach by M-x eval-_expression_. Those two did work after Emacs start up, but they don't work if put in init file.

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> wrote:
> (w32-send-sys-command 61488)
> However, once I added the set-default-font commands
> (set-default-font "Monaco-10")
> to my init file, the maximizing stops to work.

Evaluating those two sexps works for me on Emacs 24.3, starting from `emacs -Q'.

Did you start from `emacs -Q', or with an init file that has just those two
sexps?  If not, and if it works when you do, then bisect your init file
repeatedly until you find the code that breaks it.

If it does not work for you with just those two sexps then please report it:
`M-x report-emacs-bug'.