Re: Cursor Invisible on Emacs / Windows Server / Citrix

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Cursor Invisible on Emacs / Windows Server / Citrix
Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 05:52:33 +0300

> From: Eric Brown <eric.c.brown@mac.com>
> Date: Sat, 04 May 2013 16:15:18 -0500
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> >> From: Eric Brown <eric.c.brown@mac.com>
> >> Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 15:20:31 -0500
> >>
> >> I have a very strange problem: my cursor does not show up with the
> >> combination shown in the subject.  However, it _does_ appear if I
> >> connect to the Windows Server directly, e.g. when I am at work.
> >>
> >> (Also, the cursor appears in every other application but Emacs!)
> >
> > What is your value of w32-use-visible-system-caret?  If it's non-nil,
> > Emacs will not draw its cursor, but will rely on the system caret to
> > show point instead.
>
> I have tried both:
>
> (setq w32-use-visible-system-caret t)
>
> and
>
> (setq w32-use-visible-system-caret nil)
>
> and it's the same problem.

Then the only approach I can suggest is to run Emacs under a debugger
and see what's going on in the function that draws the cursor.  I can
tell you which functions to step through.

Oh, and this is no longer stuff for this list, better file a bug
report with "M-x report-emacs-bug RET" and take it from there.