Re: Does anyone really use emacs in terminal?

From: Steven Degutis
Subject: Re: Does anyone really use emacs in terminal?
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 23:06:36 -0500

I'm so tired of how Emacs so desperately clings onto the 80s and 90s.

So many of its defaults are idiotic, so many legacy features it tries
to support are just terrible and useless.

I often wish there was a modern emacs clone that dropped all these
legacy features.

Who ever uses a toolbar?
Why don't the scrollbars work like normal?
Why is the undo feature so ridiculous, instead of something more sane
like undo-tree?
Why isn't ido-mode enabled by default, and why doesn't it work on more
completable prompts without a third party plugin?