Re: shell-popd-regexp not working?

From: Chad Brown
Subject: Re: shell-popd-regexp not working?
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 20:39:20 -0700 (PDT)

Short form: Pilot error; problem resolved.

On Saturday, May 4, 2013 4:23:04 PM UTC-7, Chad Brown wrote:
> if I use `bd' in a shell buffer, emacs does not change the current directory.

I think I've said something confusing; let me try again:

If I use `bd' in a shell buffer, the current directory for the shell changes,
but emacs doesn't realize it changed (shell-mode normally tracks the shell's
cwd so that it becomes the default for emacs file operations from that buffer).

The problem seems to be that I didn't also set shell-popd-regexp, so shell-mode
didn't realize I was pushing directories onto the stack. Setting both regexp
seems to DTRT.

Thanks, everyone!