Re: Does anyone really use emacs in terminal?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Does anyone really use emacs in terminal?
Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 19:24:32 +0200

() Steven Degutis <sbdegutis@gmail.com>
() Sun, 5 May 2013 00:43:37 -0500

   Yes, any clone is a fork, but only the Privileged Few can understand
   emacs' source code enough to do anything decent with it.

what privilege -- to have the source
(and time and obstinance to grok in full)!
still, decency forbids me, of course,
to drape my pushful whims as pull.

mayhaps there be a muddling middle,
where awkward (mis-)steps could warn, not err.
never opaque'd be my fuddling fiddle;
a tweak in alpha, to thwart despair.

i cannot count the ghosts that surround me;
they whisper lines of code and commentary.
through pregnant plant of secrets quite profoundly,
fear, was heavy, now hope, but momentary.

what privilege -- to have the source
(and nerve and indolance to shirk the view)!
still, cowardace spurs me on, of course,
to close my mind and mock the few.

thi