Emacs font issues

From: Kyle Helson
Subject: Emacs font issues
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 01:33:04 -0400

Hi,

When I try and use emacs on a machine running Fedora 14, it works just
fine. When I use Putty from a Win7 machine, emacs also works just fine. But
when I ssh -X into the Fedora 14 machine from a machine running Ubuntu
11.10, I get the following error:

    Font `-adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--14-100-100-100-m-90-iso8859-1' is
not   defined

Then the emacs terminal window closes the process and returns a new line.

I've tried installing xfonts on the Ubuntu machine as well as the xorg-x11
fonts for the Fedora machine and neither solve the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much.

--
--Kyle Helson