M-a broken but M-e works on external keyboard only

From: Joseph B
Subject: M-a broken but M-e works on external keyboard only
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 10:33:29 +0800

I am using a laptop. This problem appears only when I plug in my Logitech
Wave keyboard, and only appeared today. I have made no changes that
would've precipitated this error, to my knowledge.

Description of error:
M-a stopped working. Nothing happens when I press it. M-e and other M-
commands still work.

Attempts to fix:
Googled - nothing relevant. Meta key not broken, only one specific
instance.
Updated Logitech keyboard driver - extra keys on keyboard now work, M-a
still broken
Restarted. No change

Improbable suspicion:
Could it be caused by ConnectedText? It's been installed a long time and
started using several days ago. It also captures a M-a command. But this
error persists even after restarting with CT never turned on. And is
limited only to the external keyboard, not the internal laptop keyboard.
Makes no sense.

Second improbable suspicion:
I've added a few lines to my .emacs over the last few days. None of them
involve M-a. But I could imagine one of them somehow kicking to life and
breaking M-a in this weird way. Try disabling recently added lines and
restarting Emacs?

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
JB

--
Ignore the following. It is a nonsense sentence that disables Google ads
from displaying next to my emails by triggering sensitive keywords.

I enjoy the massacre of ads. This sentence will slaughter ads without a
messy bloodbath.