Re: M-a broken but M-e works on external keyboard only

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: M-a broken but M-e works on external keyboard only
Date: 9 May 2013 07:54:39 GMT

Joseph B wrote:
> I am using a laptop. This problem appears only when I plug in my Logitech
> Wave keyboard, and only appeared today. I have made no changes that
> would've precipitated this error, to my knowledge.
>
> Description of error:
> M-a stopped working. Nothing happens when I press it. M-e and other M-
> commands still work.
[...]
> Any suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

Have you tried C-h c M-a to see if the key is ever registering? Have you
tried another external keyboard?

It sounds to me as if your external keybord is acting up. Though it sure
is weird that the a key works, the meta key works, but the combination
doesn't...

--
Joost Kremers                                   joostkremers@fastmail.fm
EN:SiS(9)