Re: Does anyone really use emacs in terminal?

From: Jai Dayal
Subject: Re: Does anyone really use emacs in terminal?
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 11:35:57 -0400

I'm not sure what you mean "visit remote sites"? I do that with Vim all the
time.

Vim has an interactive calendar extension

"Norton Commander,"

That's an extension that could be done in Vim. It does seem like Vim has an
extension for that.

So, your argument boils down to "There are some emacs *extensions* I like
that Vim may or may not have exactly", not that Vim can't do them (they
both allow for programmable extensions, after all)