comint outside emacs (was Does anyone really use emacs in terminal?)

From: rusi
Subject: comint outside emacs (was Does anyone really use emacs in terminal?)
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 21:08:58 -0700 (PDT)

On May 9, 9:46 pm, Jai Dayal <dayals...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Emacs mode on vim is not just basic features.

Not wishing to add to the flames here but genuinely ask a question…

As a teacher of programming, I like to allow students to be free about
things that are distant from programming.
Also by default I use emacs.

Now as for program editing I expect that vim has the mode-
functionality that emacs has.
I am specifically interested in inferior buffers ie derivatives of
comint mode:

Is it possible to run the python interpreter or the haskell
interpreter under vi?
Last I looked it was not.

In case this seems to add to the flames, here's my recent mooc course
offering on haskell+python:
https://moocfellowship.org/submissions/the-dance-of-functional-programming-languaging-with-haskell-and-python
wherein I say that I use emacs but participants can use what they
like.