ibuffer buffer is not closed after a switch anymore

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: ibuffer buffer is not closed after a switch anymore
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 21:03:40 +0200

I have the following for a long time in my .emacs:
   (defalias 'list-buffers 'ibuffer)

In the past , when I would go to ibuffer:
   C-x C-b

and then select a buffer. I would go to the buffer and ibuffer would
be closed.

In Emacs 23.3.1 this is still the case.

On another PC where (as far as I know) the only difference is that it
uses Emacs 24.2.1, it is not the case. So when I use
   C-b

after:
   C-x C-b

the default buffer is the ibuffer buffer, instead of the previous
buffer. Why is this?

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer