RE: Bind right shift and TAB won't work

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Bind right shift and TAB won't work
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 22:29:12 -0700

> > Check too whether `C-h k' does recognize that Shift was pressed and
> > just says that Shift + Tab was translated to TAB.
>
> OK, how do I check that?

I showed you, in the very next sentence:

 If so, that's different from not receiving the Shift modifier
 at all.  E.g., for me, after `emacs -Q', `C-h k' tells me this
 for `S-TAB':

   <backtab (translated from <S-tab>) is undefined

That is what I see, with emacs -Q.  If you are not seeing the part in parens
then I'd guess that Emacs is not seeing the Shift press at all.  Someone more
knowledgable can perhaps help you further with this.