Re: sending function arguments to recursive function calls

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: sending function arguments to recursive function calls
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 10:55:40 -0400

>> When lexical-binding is t, they're very good roomates already.
>> Hopefully with time, the "lexical-binding = nil" case can be dropped.
> Does this imply that if I want to give for example window.el
> lexical-binding (I do have an ulterior motive), no one would mind
> having it that way?

Yup.  My local Emacs is currently pretty broken because I started to
compile all files as "lexical-binding = t".

> I don't know why these variables were left (were they really unused?)

That's the question that the byte-compiler can't answer: maybe they
really weren't used (so you can remove them), or maybe they were used
elsewhere via dynamic scoping (in which case you need to add a (defvar
<var>) to force the use of dynamic scoping for this variable).

It's very common to have variables that aren't used (since the
byte-compiler didn't warn about it).

        Stefan