Re: Mailing list guidelines?

From: Barry Margolin
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 13:20:16 -0400

In article <877gj2j08w.fsf@VLAN-3434.student.uu.se>,
 Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> wrote:

> One source of confusion is that you refer to a mailing list, but to me
> it looks like any other newsgroup. When I hit `f' for
> `gnus-article-followup-with-original' (to followup a post), is that
> equivalent to the "list-reply" that you mention? If the OP is not a
> subscriber, will [s]he still get a reply, as a mail? (In Gnus, you can
> reply to the OP by email by pressing `r' for `gnus-summary-reply', but
> I never used it. Then, also, I take it the rest of the list won't get
> it?)

Does GNUs have a followup-and-reply command? Most newsreaders have a way
to post to the group and also send a CC to the original poster. You need
to do that for groups that are gatewayed to mailing lists if you want to
ensure that the OP gets the reply if they're not on the list.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA