Re: XEmacs

From: Hils
Subject: Re: XEmacs
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 21:13:59 +0100

On 12/05/13 22:29, Emanuel Berg wrote:
Hils<hils@saynotospam.net>  writes:

One of the last things I did with Emacs on my last windoze box was
configure gnus, but I didn't have the time, patience, or brainflops
to set it up as well as I can with a few clicks in Iceweasel, so
Iceweasel it still is for news and mail.

I've spent some time configuring Gnus. Mostly it is about looks. You
can see a screenshot how far I've come here:

http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/pics/usenet.png

Now, that dump is from a tabbed urxvt, so it doesn't look exactly like
that in the console (for example, there is no underline), but I had to
make a short guest appearance in X as to be able to use scrot to take
a screenshot. They look more or less the same, anyway.

What I've used so far, Gnus is great!

That looks really cool. One of the things which bothered me about Gnus was its determination to delete and ignore every article which had been read. Is there a way to make it keep local copies of everything for n days, and keep (or archive) specified articles?