Re: Bind right shift and TAB won't work

From: oitofelix
Subject: Re: Bind right shift and TAB won't work
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 21:53:06 -0300

Emanuel Berg wrote:
> ... *but*, I actually do have an X server running. And, this is
> sometimes useful even for CLI-only purposes. For example, I use the
> X clipboard to copy and paste from one tty into another. As it shows
> on `where xo' (and `xi')
> in zsh:
>
> xo: aliased to xclip -d ":0" -selection clipboard -o
> xi: aliased to xclip -d ":0" -selection clipboard
>
> Perhaps there is a better way to do this (with screen?), but just to
> illustrate how X can be useful even when you are not "using" it. I
> thought it was kind of cute, anyway.

Besides using `xclip' and `screen', if you have a mouse and are running
GNU+Linux-libre operating system you can use GPM.  It does not need X
and it is described by the author as

  "a cut and paste utility and mouse server for virtual consoles"

On the other hand it is described by its Debian maintainer as:

  "By default, the daemon provides a 'selection' mode, so that
  cut-and-paste with the mouse works on the console just as it does
  under X."

Here is the home page: http://www.nico.schottelius.org/software/gpm/

If you are using a GNU+Linux-libre distribution it is likely to be in
its repository system.

--
 ,= ,-_-. =.  There is no system but GNU;
((_/)o o(\_)) Linux-libre is just one of its kernels;