Re: XEmacs

From: Luca Ferrari
Subject: Re: XEmacs
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 09:20:30 +0200

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 8:17 AM,  <glyn.millington@gmail.com> wrote:

> No worries. Having used Xemacs for years I now use Emacs myself.  There
> was a time when Xemacs was way ahead of Emacs but no more.  But Xemacs
> still has loyal users.
>
> I suspect that one  reason for sticking with Xemacs now is lots of little
> customizations  and tweaks which don't easily transfer to Gnu Emacs - the
> same reason why I wouldn't willingly swap my init.el for yours, because
> it would change the way I work.

I was thinking XEmacs was died too, glad to see it is the opposite.
I've tried XEmacs a couple of times, when forced to run on a Windows
box, since it was a little faster and shipped with nice gadgets, but I
switch back to Emacs as soon as I was able to get a Unix desktop, and
then I never used XEmacs anymore.
As others, I feel that today Emacs has catched up XEmacs and is much
more superior, so I don't see myself switching to XEmacs again in the
near future.

Luca