Re: using find-grep in emacs

From: Dan Espen
Subject: Re: using find-grep in emacs
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 14:49:58 -0400

Rami A <rami.ammari@gmail.com> writes:

> Thank you all for your feedback.
> I am actually using 2 emacs binaries "24.3.1" and "23.3.1".
>
> I am trying to bind all this command that also defaults to search only
> [*.shc] files.
> How can I do that?
>
> Basically I want to be able to hit for example F1 and simply type the pattern
> I am looking for without continuously adding the [*.shc].
> Also I would like emacs to ask the default folder to look for the pattern
> underneath only once.
> Was not able to find a way to achieve all of that.

Someone else can tell you the variable that contains the initial string.
I'll just point out that you can recall the last command you typed with
M-p and probably with the arrow keys.

So, type it once per session, recall though the history with one or a
couple of keystrokes.

I don't think I'd mess with the initial command, I use Emacs in way too
many contexts.

--
Dan Espen