RE: Disabling M-q

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Disabling M-q
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 13:29:41 -0700 (PDT)

> >> (define-key (current-local-map) [(meta q)] nil) Does not work
> >> either
> >
> > You must use [(meta ?q)], not [(meta q)].
>
> Does not work either. I'll try with -Q as in the other post.
> On the other hand I do not find (local-set-key (kbd "M-q") 'ignore)
> less clear. I even think it is more clear.  Or is there a reason to
> prefer this solution above the ignore solution?

You are confusing a lot of things.  I merely wanted to say that [(meta q)]
should be [(meta ?q)]: ?q is the character; q is not.  Other people have
mentioned other, orthogonal corrections.

Yes, (kbd "M-q") is perfectly clear.  No, there is no advantage in one's init
file to using [(meta ?q)] instead.  No one suggested otherwise.