Help understanding *locals* behavior in gdb/mi with emacs 24

From: Martin Weinberg
Subject: Help understanding *locals* behavior in gdb/mi with emacs 24
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 19:13:54 +0000 (UTC)

Dear folks,

I'm new to the emacs gdb/mi interface with emacs 24 (very familiar with the
older gdb-ui).  It mostly does what I need.  But I notice that for a complex
project, C++ with many source files and classes, that the locals window is
always empty.  The locals window works with a simple code (e.g. hello world
like).

This is not a big deal, but is there something I can do to enable/use this
feature?

Thanks!