Re: Render a buffer or string to a simpler string?

From: esabof
Subject: Re: Render a buffer or string to a simpler string?
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 05:14:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Monday, May 27, 2013 3:48:54 AM UTC+1, Dmitry Gutov wrote:

> The main problem as I see it, is how to output the difference
>
> information in case of mismatch. Saying "these pics are different, go
>
> look at them yourself" isn't very helpful for test-driven development.
>

> This would extend to arrays of glyphs, too, maybe even to a larger
>
> degree (haven't thought of that before).

If you want to quickly become aware of differences between two images, you can
switch between them - human eyes are very good at detecting movement.

Further, some image formats are quite straight forward (like BMP, if I'm not
mistaken). It should be possible to implement a cropping function. It should
also be possible to only display the rectangle which is different (with some
padding). I guess this could be made into an extension to ERT, and images could
be dumped along with other errors.

Evgeni