RE: problem with fullscreen and frame-cmds

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: problem with fullscreen and frame-cmds
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 09:47:44 -0700 (PDT)

I'm guessing that your VNC client uses some of the vertical space, so the
calculation of the maximum frame size, which is based on your actual screen
size, is not adequate.

Try customizing option `window-mgr-title-bar-pixel-height', increasing it to
account for any vertical space lost to the VNC frame (or whatever).

Alternatively, you can customize option `available-screen-pixel-bounds'. That
lets you define the available screen size, both width and height.

(You can also set such options in your init file, making the value dependent on
the current platform etc.)

Let me know. Off-list if you prefer.

Thx - Drew

I connect from my workstation to another system through vnc, and there I open
emacs and use the package frame-cmds.el

I am referring to the command toggle-max-frame. The problem is that when I
toggle to full screen I cannot see the lower bar (the one where one usually
insert commands)....