Behavior of next-error when buffer is visible but not current.

From: todd . k . fisher
Subject: Behavior of next-error when buffer is visible but not current.
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 15:34:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Scenario:

1. I have three windows: *compilation*, fileA.c, and fileB.c .
2. Buffer fileA.c is being edited.  From this buffer I invoke M-x compile.
3. Errors occur in fileB.c which is still visible
4. While still in buffer fileA.c I invoke next-error (C-x `)
5. Buffer containing fileA.c is replaced with fileB.c and cursor is moved to
   first offending line.

Is there any easy way to change this behavior so that next-error can check that
fileB.c is visible and jump to the error in its buffer?  Thanks.