Re: Reverting but keeping undo

From: Dan Espen
Subject: Re: Reverting but keeping undo
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 19:59:20 -0400

>> > I wonder how that works.
>>
>> The revert is considered as a change like any other.  I.e. the first
>> undo step simply undoes the buffer modifications introduced by the
>> revert.
>
> That sounds good, thanks.
>
> I wonder, however, if the user will notice when he passes that point
> while successively undoing.  I.e., for the case the user doesn't want to
> undo prior reverts, maybe there could be some kind of warning in the
> minibuffer.

Another warning?

First Stefan for the explanation.

Undoing a revert sounds very intuitive to me.
The fact that it was missing before was sort of dangerous.

And the confirmation dialog on the revert was no fun,
I had my own solution for bypassing the warning.

I see no reason for any additional warnings.
If you can undo revert, the natural assumption should be that
you can keep doing undo.

I assume this change kills off the old confirmation about reverting.
(Posting from news:gnu.emacs.help).

--
Dan Espen