Re: elpa & proxy authentication

From: Luca Ferrari
Subject: Re: elpa & proxy authentication
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 08:42:32 +0200

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Luca,
>
> You need to provide more info about your environment.

I'm running emacs 24.2 on Kubuntu 12.10 64 bit.

> I know when I needed to do this the only solution I was able to come
> up with was to use the http_proxy environment variable. Not sure why
> what you did wouldn't work but all of the various tools I use,
> including emacs, seem to honor the environment variable.i

I've tried it, but again the editor asks me for usernam/password each
time I try to do a net-related operation and then refuses to download
packages with the same error (Proxy authentication required).
Of course, I've tried using http_proxy variable and, at the same time,
I removed the .emacs configuration. Please note that the same
http_proxy variable value works from the command line (e.g., wget
something works).

Any idea?

Luca