Re: Using punctuation in abbrev

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Using punctuation in abbrev
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 10:44:32 +0700

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 12:17 AM, Aurélien Aptel
<aurelien.aptel+emacs@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 7:21 AM, Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> wrote:
>> Just curious: what Unicode chars do you regularly use?
>
> mainly arrows, ×, ≠, ≈, ...

This is an Emacs list and you are asking how to enter characters in
Emacs, but I feel this is better solved at the system level (and I
actually believe there is a system outside Emacs) so that you can
enter these characters in other programs.

* If you are running Emacs on X11, you can hack your XKB configuration
to put frequently-needed characters on Level3 (which is an alternate
shift state often configured to activate on right Alt or another
modifier key of your choice). You might even find an existing symbols
map that has characters you need.

* On Windows, the equivalent is the MSKLC tool.

* I believe there is an analogous tool on Mac, too.