Re: Handling large files with emacs lisp?

From: Klaus-Dieter Bauer
Subject: Re: Handling large files with emacs lisp?
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 12:47:10 +0200

Oddly, when I tried today again, I saw constant time file access with ~
80MB/s across the 183MB installer of Libreoffice and 240-290 MB/s on a
repetitive text file. Most likely explanation: A bug in my test function
(e.g. accidentially inserted text length not being constant). A bit
embarassing here ^^'

On the other hand this shows me that Emacs Lisp is indeed usable for
general purpose processing.

kind regards, Klaus