Re: Question on syntax-propertize-function

From: Marco Maggesi
Subject: Re: Question on syntax-propertize-function
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 02:13:57 -0700 (PDT)

Il giorno giovedì 6 giugno 2013 23:23:41 UTC+2, Stefan Monnier ha scritto:
> That might be due to the syntax-table property being immediately reset
> by the code that auto-runs syntax-propertize-function or something along
> these lines.  Try it first in a fundamental-mode buffer.

Thank you Stefan, this clarifies a lot.
Now my code works.

Actually, the syntax for comments in OCaml is even trickier since (* *) can be
nested and (*) do not open a comment at top level but do open a comment in the
nesting, as this simple interaction shows

[maggesi@virtux:~]$ ocaml
        OCaml version 4.00.1

*

But I think I will not address this, at lest for now.
BTW: you should have the same problem in tuareg.  How do you solve it?

I noticed that when font-lock-mode is disabled, the text is not propertized.
Is syntax-propertize run only by font-lock or is used also for other purpose?

Thanks for now,
M.