List-style Paragrah Reordering

From: Laemeur
Subject: List-style Paragrah Reordering
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 16:27:43 -0700 (PDT)

In Org-mode, reordering items in a list is a piece of cake with the
Meta-Shift-up/down binding: the current list item swaps places with the item
above or below, and point keeps its position relative to the current line. I
would like to be able to do this with paragraphs/lines of text as well, but
Meta-Shift-up/down only works this way on tables, lists, and headings by
default.

I would really appreciate any help in configuring Emacs to do this. Hopefully
it's a relatively simple thing to do.

Thanks very kindly,
-L