Re: Encoding

From: sirciny
Subject: Re: Encoding
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 06:11:25 -0700 (PDT)

This is what my .emacs file now contains:

(prefer-coding-system 'utf-16-le)

;; EXPERIMENTAL: Set language environment
;;(setq current-language-environment 'latin-1)
;;(setenv 'latin-1)
;;(setenv LANG en_US.8859-1)

(set-language-environment "Latin-1")
(set-keyboard-coding-system 'latin-1)
(set-terminal-coding-system 'latin-1)

I also tried to M-x setenv using LANG and en_US.8859-1, but after doing so
and evaluating this region of my ~/.emacs, I still get the error in my
original post when I autosave. I'm also not sure what to set LC_CTYPE to, or
how to set it... It doesn't auto-complete with setenv, so I assume there's a
different function responsible for changing its value.