Problem with prefix keybinding in text/org-mode

From: baumbaron
Subject: Problem with prefix keybinding in text/org-mode
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 02:31:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

Whenever I'm in text-mode (or - more annoying - in org-mode) emacs doesn't let
me type the character "k", interpreting it as a prefix command.
The relevant portion of the keymap (C-h m) e.g. in text-mode is

[...]
key             binding
---             -------

k               Prefix Command
k e             Prefix Command
k e y           Prefix Command
[...]

I don't know how that keymap came to be that way (bisecting my dot file
indicates to yasnippet).

Anyway, is there an easy way to revert the keybinding for "k" back to
self-insert-command so that I can use orgmode happily again?

Thanks for any advice!

Martin