Re: delete-region - is their a way to get the deleted text?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: delete-region - is their a way to get the deleted text?
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 12:20:48 +0200

,--------------------------------
| (defun fun-from-other-pkg ()
|    [... do a lot of things ...]
|    (delete-region ...)
|    [... do more things ...] )
`--------------------------------

It must not be interactive, the problem is that I could reuse
`fun-from-other-pkg' as-is if I could get my hands on the deleted
region, but I can't change that function.

Of course I could simply copy it and replace `delete-region' with
`delete-and-extract-region' (thanks for the tip!), and thats probably
what I' going to do, but I wanted to make sure that there is really no
way to recover the deleted string of `delete-region'.

--
cheers,
Thorsten