Re: emacs 24.3 installation instruction

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emacs 24.3 installation instruction
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 10:31:28 +0200

Am 14.06.2013 um 07:09 schrieb Srinivasa Kempapura Padmanabha:

> I am trying to install it on rhe5 and rhe6 machine, while compiling I will
> get use "--without-x" option. I am not sure, if this option really requires.

Did you try

        ./configure --help

This introduces to you all the options the configure script understands, which
sets up the features GNU Emacs will have when built (and also when installed).
The option "--without-x" is only then needed when you exactly know that you
will never, never, never use GNU Emacs as an X client. GNU Emacs launched from
the command line or such with -nw or --no-window-system will open inside a
terminal (emulation) and not use X11.

--
Greetings

  Pete

It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our
air and water that are doing it.