Re: postscript printing in emacs

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: postscript printing in emacs
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 11:40:59 +0200

Am 20.06.2013 um 01:46 schrieb Rami A:

> How do I incorporate this functionality in emacs so I could choose a region
> or simply print the whole buffer using "postscript print from buffer/region"
> from inside emacs?

Have you tried to set ps-lpr-command and ps-lpr-switches via the customisation
interface?

In ps-lpr-command instead of lpr you can either use "mp | lp", a pipe, and the
also set ps-lpr-switches to become "-l -s" or use as ps-lpr-command directly
"mp -l -s | lp".

A third option is to add an mp filter to Solaris' lpfilters. Then you could use
as ps-lpr-command "lp -T MP". I am not sure where the mp options go… (too long
ago)

When you are experimenting with printing options you can stop printing from the
particular queue (or switch off the printer) and then use a PostScript viewer
to see what the printer queue would send to the printer.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Perl—the only language that looks the same before and after RSA encryption.
                                - Keith Bostic