Re: Moving between headers in message-mode

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Moving between headers in message-mode
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 11:32:51 +0200

> Other than Pascal's recommendations, I'd recommend you simply
> use `rfc822-goto-eoh' to find the end of the header.

Hihi, "simply" this, "simply" that - clearly, I didn't know about
that function. But thanks, that's a huge improvement!

But, the prefix - rfc822 - and the help section

    "This function obeys RFC822."

- why did they think this to be so important, they actually filed
a RFC, and not only that, the implementers (the writers of
`simple.el') found it equally important, so they even put it as a
prefix in the function *name*?

Can I browse those RFCs somehow from Emacs?

Does the numbering follow some system (like "e-mail stuff between
700 and 900") or is it just a unique identifier?

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573