Re: Python-mode.el/pymacs/Python version on Emacs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Python-mode.el/pymacs/Python version on Emacs
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 16:46:58 -0400

> I followed some instructions from a blog

Such things tend to be fiddly, and we can't really help you with them:
better ask the blogger, then.

>           File error: Cannot open load file, pymacs

This means that Emacs can't find the "pymacs.el" file (i.e. either the
file is missing, or the Emacs's `load-path' does not include the
directory where that file can be found).

>           searching for program: no such file or directory, ipython

That means Emacs can't find the "ipython" executable.  You need to make
sure that executable can be found in one of the directories mentioned in
`exec-path' (which is initialized from the $PATH environment variable,
so you generally set $PATH rather than `exec-path').

I suggest you start by trying out the Python support that comes with
Emacs, and then build from there.

        Stefan