Re: Extending 'emacs-lisp-mode' Disables 'auto-complete' for It

From: Haroogan
Subject: Re: Extending 'emacs-lisp-mode' Disables 'auto-complete' for It
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 01:13:06 +0200

BTW, I wonder why you decided to derive an own mode, instead of simply customize emacs-lisp-mode. I mean, there is `font-lock-add-keywords' and such stuff, which allows to modify the existing mode. Using an own mode sometimes has inconveniences - like the problem you described. Michael.
Good point. Didn't know that I can do it. I'm not that pro in Emacs yet, so I'm not sure whether it is possible to extend all those features that I've added through derivation. I'm adding my elisp-mode as attachment, please, take a look if you have time. Can I, for example, extend emacs-lisp-mode with some keywords without derivation?