Re: vc-svn.el, emacs21, and subversion1.7

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: vc-svn.el, emacs21, and subversion1.7
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 15:08:04 -0400

Karl Berry wrote:

> Does anyone happen to have a vc-svn.el that works with
> (a) emacs21, and
> (b) subversion 1.7/1.8?

The last release of Emacs 21 was in 2005.
SVN 1.7 was released in 2011.
The first release of Emacs that supported SVN at all was 22.1.
The first release of Emacs that supported SVN 1.7 was 24.1.

Maybe you can take vc-svn.el from Emacs 22.1, and apply the patch from

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-diffs/2011-02/msg00187.html

(But that's just the patch from the message that you cited.)

> And vc-svn in current Emacs is presumably fine, but I can't upgrade to
> that yet (working as hard as I can).

Sorry, but I think upgrading to 24.1+ is your best solution.