Speeding up Emacs load time

From: Andrew Pennebaker
Subject: Speeding up Emacs load time
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 19:06:29 -0400

I love Emacs's customizability! I regularly edit my .emacs file, and the
community has been helpful and encouraging. But I do notice that Emacs can
take several (10) seconds or longer to load.

For reference, I'm using Emacs 24.1 for Mac OS X, Windows, and Android. I
keep my .emacs synced, shared, and backed up on GitHub.
https://github.com/mcandre/dotfiles/blob/master/.emacs

Could someone help me cut down the load time while maintaining the same
behavior?