Re: gnus and group filtering

From: Mike Ray
Subject: Re: gnus and group filtering
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 21:12:03 +0100

There are some other commands you can use to more efficiently wade through the active file on the news server. For your case, A M (`gnus-group-list-all-matching'). Try A M python RET. Also, U from the *Group* buffer will give you a completion-enabled list. This is a particularly quick way to search if you are also using (setq gnus-completing-read-function 'gnus-ido-completing-read); you will then have narrowing by partial matches in the prompt. Best, WGG

Thanks very much that's very useful. I have gotten a little further with it today. I have managed to subscribe to a few groups and read one or two posts including one which contained how to config gnus for IMAP, which is my next task.

Now I have the problem of understanding why the posts all disappear when I close Emacspeak and go back in.

I will get there.

Mike

--
Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer

Don't just sit there, learn something

Interested in accessibility on the Raspberry Pi?
Visit: http://www.raspberryvi.org/

From where you can join our mailing list for visually-impaired Pi hackers