Install font for emacs 24.x

From: David AGBO
Subject: Install font for emacs 24.x
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 16:28:48 +0200

Hi all,

I've installed emacs 24.3, and I would like to use a specific font (Meslo LG M DZ), but when I launch emacs, I have the message "Font `Meslo LG M DZ' is not defined". What is strange, is that when I downgrade emacs version from 24 to 23, using the same configuration file, I can use this font without any problem...

Here is how I declare Meslo in the configuration file :

-----
(setq default-frame-alist
  '(
    (width . 80)
    (tool-bar-lines . 0)
*=> (font . "Meslo LG M DZ") <=*
    (vertical-scroll-bars . nil)
    ))
(unless (fboundp 'prog-mode) (defalias 'prog-mode 'fundamental-mode))
-----

I've also tried Options->Set default font menu, but here again, there is a difference. Under emacs23, I have a little box to select the font, but under emacs24, I juste have a menu, where my font doesn't even appear. Is there a directive to include at build time, or a new parameter in the configuration file, or anything else?

Best regards,
David