Re: ordering candidates when using completion-at-point-functions

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: ordering candidates when using completion-at-point-functions
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 10:53:55 +0530

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <djcb@djcbsoftware.nl> writes:

> That is, the results are ordered alphabetically, rather than the 1-2-3-4
> order I would like, as in my already-sorted list.

I don't mean to hijack this thread.  But this touches upon something I
desire.

I would like my completions (of command names) sorted alphabetically
(but with the most recent used ones given a higher preference).  The
current sorting mechanism - sort by length, sort lexicographically - is
confusing.  The primary reason for the confusion is the difficulty in
"anticipate"-ing what one is presented with.  One really doesn't know
how far deep down in the dictionary one is.

Anyways, just a minor tangential comment.