have emacs use SIGTERM to end a process instead of SIGHUP

From: John Leach
Subject: have emacs use SIGTERM to end a process instead of SIGHUP
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 23:16:35 +0100

Hi,

I'm starting a process using start-process-shell-command, but the
command I'm running doesn't exit when it receives a SIGHUP (it reloads
it's configs or something) so I end up with orphaned processes hanging
around when I close the buffer or exit emacs.

How can I have emacs send a SIGTERM instead of a SIGHUP to the processes
it manages?

fyi, I define a function to start the process like this:

> (defun nanoc-server ()
>       "Runs a nanoc web server"
>       (interactive)
>       (let ((default-directory (repository-root)))
>               (let ((process-connection-type t))
>                       (start-process-shell-command "nanoc-server"
> "nanoc-server" "bundle exec nanoc view -p 3005 -C")
>                       )))

Thanks in advance for any help,

John.
--