Re: cycling through windows

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: cycling through windows
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 10:09:41 +0200

C K Kashyap <ckkashyap@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> What is a good way to cycle through windows - looks like C-x o cycles
> through in one order and if I need to change the direction I need to C-u -
> C-x o
> But it seems too many keystrokes - is there a better way (other than doing
> my own key bindings that is)
> Regards,
> Kashyap

I use libraries that make window switching easier, e.g.

,-------------------------
| (require 'switch-window)
`-------------------------

and

,-----------------------------------------------
| (when (require 'window-numbering nil 'NOERROR)
|   (window-numbering-mode 1))
`-----------------------------------------------

With them its just

,--------------
| C-x o <digit>

or

| M-<digit>

to switch to a another (numbered) window.

--
cheers,
Thorsten