Re: Speeding up Emacs load time

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Speeding up Emacs load time
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 22:38:00 +0200

Am 16.07.2013 um 21:58 schrieb Emanuel Berg:

> The black background - *much* less light enters your eyes. But it
> is not like the light from (for example) the sun, because the
> light from the monitor (projector in my case) holds information
> that must be decoded, and, at a fixed distance, while maintaining
> a high degree of concentration, it makes your eyes not blink -
> which makes for *dry* eyes. The black background really, really
> helps.

I think I must thank a possibly higher being that I'm not that normal, maybe
the cause is just that I'm from the same nationality as the guy (he actually
lived only a few km away from me) who invented the trouser press, ehh, no, not
that (although it's a very fine song of the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band), but the
letterpress (printing machine). I'm so glad that he started to blacken only
small parts of the bright paper. And that computers can look like books instead
of ancient CRTs.

--
Greetings

  Pete

If the majority of cooking accidents happen in the kitchen, then why don't we
just cook in other rooms?