Re: Speeding up Emacs load time

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: Speeding up Emacs load time
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 18:08:08 -0400

On 7/15/2013 10:38 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

But come to think of it, even moving between Linux distros - not
with Emacs, but in general - can be a pain. So why is it
surprising that it takes an effort to move from Debian to Windows?

It is not surprising.  The issue here is different: you said Emacs
wasn't working the same on Windows as on Unix, and that's simply not
true.

For me, one of the many selling points for emacs is that it DOES work the same everywhere. I flip between Unix'es and Windows many times a day.