RE: don't show the $-bar that indicates text before and/or after the win

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: don't show the $-bar that indicates text before and/or after the window view, horizontally
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 16:35:25 -0700 (PDT)

> >> (At this point, I'd suggest to invest some time in reading the
> >> manuals, because messing with such advanced stuff is not
> >> recommended if you don't even know...
> >
> > +1, and even if one does know...
>
> -1: rude, negativistic comment.

My point was that even if one knows such stuff (advanced stuff or not)
it can help to read about it again.

By "one" I meant first of all myself: one who has learned some,
forgotten some, and relearned some, more than once. That's advice I
give myself, and it's still unsolicited advice I would offer others.
Perhaps a smily would have helped you not interpret such advice
negatively.  Or perhaps not.