Re: don't show the $-bar that indicates text before and/or after the win

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: don't show the $-bar that indicates text before and/or after the window view, horizontally
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 20:25:52 +0200

Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> On this list this means that guys like you, Juanma etc are the
> givers, guys like Emanuel,me* are the receivers.

Wrong.

1) I've written answers as well. I don't know how to compute a
ratio, if possible, but I've been active on lots of places. Here

http://unix.stackexchange.com/users/13136/emanuel-berg

you see that I have 74 answers, to 62 questions. I haven't changed
my personality since I left that site, so I suspect I have a
fairly even ratio here. (Except for all this meta discussion.)

2) Even if I were only asking questions, there is nothing egoistic
about that, because the questions and everything is public. I
usually include all my preceding efforts (usually Elisp), and I
don't doubt that people read my questions, and the subsequent
discussion, and learn from the whole process, from the question to
the last answer.

> This has two sides: 1. You know the stuff, we generally dont
> 2. You make the stuff, we (mostly thanklessly) use it.

Wrong. I know stuff, and I make stuff.

> So if that means that you say "Piss off!" to someone, you are
> entitled and that someone should lump it.

Wrong. You should never be rude and especially not when people are
productive. There is no balance. You can't do some good things,
and then expect to get away with bad things.

> ... just consider this a humble*** request to handle
> over-sensitive noobs with kid-gloves.

Completely unheard of...! You are such a *jerk*!

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573