Re: don't show the $-bar that indicates text before and/or after the win

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: don't show the $-bar that indicates text before and/or after the window view, horizontally
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 21:48:34 +0300

> Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 11:06:54 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com>
>
> So if that means that you say "Piss off!" to someone, you are entitled and
> that someone should lump it.

It could have been interpreted as "Piss off!" if I wrote _only_ the
last remark.  But I didn't.  I answered the questions _first_.

> Yeah that certainly seems to be the problem here: "unskilled" is being heard
> as an abuse.

It shouldn't be.  No one is born with knowledge, so everyone is
"unskilled" at some point about something.  Being pointed to the fact
that one doesn't know something is not a shame and not an offense.