Re: don't show the $-bar that indicates text before and/or after the win

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: don't show the $-bar that indicates text before and/or after the window view, horizontally
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 00:46:14 +0530

> But, I *still* don't think it is a good answer to any question - "read
> the manual" - I just don't think that is productive.

Yes, one shouldn't say "read the manual".  But do you want Eli or anyone
else to Copy-Paste the whole manual for you.  That will not be helpful.

Eli helped you.

You should read the manual whether Eli says or it not.

If you tinker with gadgets but have never seen the spec sheet, then your
claims will be seen as bogus.  The only way to convince would be to show
that you have read the relevant parts of the manual and understood it.

We are also Technologist.  Remember that.  If someone says, "I know X",
we don't immediately say "Wonderful!".  We simply say "Prove it" or
"Show me the patch".  This is simply how Technologist talk and work.  It
is this very attitude that makes us all Technologists. You shouldn't be
upset with it or be offended with such a response.